“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

--Desiderius Erasmus

Monday, August 30, 2010

New C&I work!!

I finished the A and B blanks a week or so ago, I just never got around to photographing them. These are the first two blanks in an alphabet of blanks, each of which should challenge me in some way. [Just doing 26 goldvine initials? Not a challenge.]



A is here.


B is here.



A is done with yellow underpainting for the gold. I can't say it makes a huge difference, actually, you really have to look closely at the right angle to tell the difference at all. Thus, I'm not likely to bother doing it again. The challenge here was a combination of diapering and whitework, and accomplishing same with a pretty pronounced shake in my hands (damn fibro!) and not having it be too visible in the finished product that my hands shake like aspen leaves in the wind.

The next one on the list is an I that I'd penciled but never finished, adjusted to be more Romanesque-y. Because it was there and didn't require a lot of planning out. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. ooh, pretty! i hope you will at some point post bigger/closer pics of the whitework so i can copy you. =D

    ReplyDelete