“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

--Desiderius Erasmus

Monday, May 31, 2010

Embroidery part 2

My collar embroidery is almost done!! All I have left is the pearling. Yay!! It got cut out and sewn to the gown on the way to Crown in Dreibrucken (Wilton ND) and in the hotel room. It was done before midnight. I need to sit down with the dress and the white marking pen and put the dots for the pearls in and then I can start sewing pearls. It will look remarkably like Edwin's tunic. Hopefully, to the average viewer it will look identical to Edwin's and nobody will notice the oddness at the back where I had to do some easing to account for the fact that the pattern was taken off the keyhole neckline template which is nice and flat. My shoulders slope (so much so that I should have done Victorian re-enactment--they're perfect for it) thus the top of my gown is slightly conical rather than flat like a normal person's would be, and a flat circle has a little too much fabric in it to fit over a cone nicely.

Therefore, I need to take the keyhole template and turn it into something that will fit on my gown, then I will have two separate patterns, one for normal people and Edwin, and one for me. Mine will be in two pieces so there is the possibility that it will fit in a small space when drawn out on the ground fabric, and the thought of carrying around a smaller embroidery frame is a pleasant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment